Liquid Lightning 2 (Solid State) Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier
The Liquid Lightning 2 is one of the best kept secrets in electrostatic headphone amplification available today.
Building upon the same topology that cemented the original Liquid Lightning as a favorite of ardent enthusiasts around the world, the Liquid Lightning 2 has been significantly improved by meticulously removing much of the parasitic capacitance that kept its predecessor from reaching its true potential.
As a result, the Liquid Lightning 2 delivers a greater level of detail, definition, layering, dynamics and overall transparency than ever before… presenting you with a cleaner, more organic, and more immersive listening experience.
Please note that the Liquid Lightning 2 is also available as a vacuum tube amplifier, known as the Liquid Lightning 2T. This version, the solid state version, places an emphasis on precision, detail and speed with respect to its sound signature - whereas the tube version is smoother and more refined in its presentation.
For this reason, if you are looking for an amp to pair with a brighter and more detailed electrostatic headphone, like STAX’s SR-009, you might want to consider the tube version (Liquid Lightning 2T) instead. Click here to learn more about the Liquid Lightning 2T.
If you’re looking to get the most from your electrostatic headphone investment, then the Liquid Lightning 2 might just be that hidden jewel, that diamond in the rough, that you’ve been looking for. It’s exquisitely detailed, sublimely realistic, and impeccably refined... exactly the way electrostatic headphones should sound.
- Liquid Lightning (LL2) is the solid state version of this amplifier. It still has the same heavy duty construction and engraved stealth black front panel as the original.
- The multi-gang TKD volume control has been upgraded to a new, Cavalli Audio processor-controlled, optically-coupled photo resistor volume control that is unique to the LL2.
- Input wiring uses JPS Labs alumiloy wire for better sound quality.
- The output jacks are custom made Cavalli Audio Stax-style jacks.
- Indicator lighting is now standard CA white LEDs through small holes in the power switch and the front panel.
Total Harmonic Distortion:
I firmly believe the LL2 to boast the most neutral and colorless sound signature in the electrostatic headphone amplifier universe that I’ve heard. If you are into the reference great tonality and sound signature, look no further and order this amp.
With the LL2, you get it all: Detail, warmth, and a quick and tactile performance. Hands down, the LL2 is the finest commercially available solid state electro-static amplifier I’ve ever heard.